Hey guys! Welcome to Deep Talks Terms and Conditions of Use (these "Terms").
Please take your time to read, to make sure what to expect (and what we expect from you).
1. What is Deep Talks and is it a right space for me?
Deep Talks is a community which comes together via group video calls to connect on topics that matter. In post-lockdown time we will also resume our lovely in-person small group gatherings in private homes.
Deep Talks is a space to meet new people, share your experiences and vulnerabilities, face new perspectives, learn about yourself and forge meaningful connections.
Every Deep Talk has a Theme and prepared set of questions. Discussions happen in small-group in guided format, proven to steer the conversation deep. Sometimes we join hands with collaborators for Special Events to treat you with complementing experiences around the topics of mindfulness and personal growth.
We are open for everyone who seeks all above and shares our values: 1. Depth; 2. Respect; 3. Immersion. If they resonate with you, you’re welcome to join. If you doubt it, or don’t feel ready to be vulnerable, Deep Talks might not be the right format for you at this moment (and that’s all right).
2. How to join?
We have events open to all interested audiences (open events) and member events (accessible to those who have filled in an application to join the Deep Talks community and were accepted.
There are two ways to join:
· Join an open event – book a ticket, join directly, decide if you want to apply to join the community later.
· Apply to join the community – fill our join form so we could get to know you. Upon approval you will get member’s login which will allow you to access all events we are organizing.
3. What can you expect and what do we expect from you?
Here are a few things on what can you expect (especially joining for the first time):
· Your journey starts with booking your ticket (or redeeming a promo-code).
· Upon your order you receive the Order Confirmation with Dial-In Details.
· Our Digital Sessions happen via Zoom – you are welcome to check the technicalities in advance.
· Your presence is required from the beginning. No late admissions are possible, as our event structure requires every participant of the session to be there from the start.
· If you are late or missed the session without prior notice, no refunds can be offered.
· If you need to cancel your participation in a digital session – we ask for a prior notice. Refunds are available upon request upon 4+ h prior notice; for offline events – 48 hours.
While joining Deep Talks, you agree to:
· use your real name;
· respect everyone’s right for privacy and keep everything what was shared with your private
You agree that you will not:
· misrepresent your identity, your current or previous positions, qualifications or affiliations with a person or entity;
· disclose information that you do not have the consent to disclose;
· use Deep Talks as a substitute of a therapy session
· record the sessions or do anything else which violates the law and privacy of all participants.
We don't like users misbehaving in the Deep Talks community – members should not do bad things to other members.
4. What is shared on Deep Talks, and what is not?
During Deep Talks, we exchange verbal content. Nothing is recorded – unless clear notice and everyone’s consent. We encourage mutual trust and respect – keeping everything what is shared during our discussions private. Of course, there is no way for us to guarantee it and we take no liability for the possible breach of trust by our members. All sharing is happening upon everyone’s individual discretion.
After and during the Deep Talks session, all participants are encouraged to share valuable ressourses, as book, article film and event recommendations, as well as to promote own and third-party events or services (as long as it does not have any sales-heavy character).
We want all Deep Talks attendees to be able express themselves as much as possible and share all sorts of things during Deep Talks, but we have to impose restrictions on certain content which:
· contains language or imagery which could be deemed offensive or is likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person;
· is obscene, pornographic, violent or otherwise may offend human dignity;
· is abusive, insulting or threatening, discriminatory or which promotes or encourages racism, sexism, hatred or bigotry;
· encourages any illegal activity including, without limitation, terrorism, inciting racial hatred or the submission of which in itself constitutes committing a criminal offence.
We reserve the right to withdraw your right to join our events if your behaviour will violate the ultimate premise of the well-being of our community.
Our service, site, our content, and member content are all provided to you "As is" and "As available" without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to, fitness for a particular purpose, title, or non-infringement.
Additionally, we do not make any warranties that our site will be uninterrupted, secure or error free or that your use of our site will meet your expectations. Your use of our service or site is at your own risk. You are solely responsible for your interactions with other members. Deep Talks is not responsible for the conduct of any user. Deep talks does not conduct criminal background checks on its members.
Neither us nor any owner will be liable for any damages, direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, special, or punitive, including, without limitation, loss of data, income, profit or goodwill, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties arising out of your access to or use of the app, site, our content, or any member content, however caused, whether based on breach of contract, tort (including negligence), proprietary rights infringement, product liability or otherwise.
The foregoing shall apply even if we were advised of the possibility of such damages. If you become dissatisfied in any way with the app or site, your sole and exclusive remedy is to stop your use of the service and site.
The limitation of liability herein is a fundamental element of the basis of the bargain and reflects a fair allocation of risk. The site would not be provided without such limitations and you agree that the limitations and exclusions of liability, disclaimers and exclusive remedies specified herein will survive even if found to have failed in their essential purpose
If, for any reason, any of the Terms are declared illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by a court of a competent jurisdiction, then to the extent that term is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from the Terms and the remainder of the Terms shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
Few more things at the end…
As Deep Talks grows, we might have to make changes to these Terms so we reserve the right to modify, amend or change the Terms at any time (a "Change"). If we do this then the Changes will be posted on this page and we will indicate the Effective Date of the updates at the bottom of the Terms. In certain circumstances, we may send an email to you notifying you of a Change. You should regularly check this page for notice of any Changes – we want our users to be as informed as possible.
Your continued use of Deep Talks following any Change constitutes your acceptance of the Change and you will be legally bound by the new updated Terms. If you do not accept any Changes to the Terms, you should stop using Deep Talks immediately (uh oh, that's going to be hard!).
The Terms were last updated on: 15 April 2020.
Copyright © 2020 Deep Talks
All rights reserved